Friday, May 27, 2011

6AM.... we have to talk.

Good morning 6am. Ah yes, it’s been awhile but our dates have become more frequent. I think we have to have the talk. I prefer 8am. Even seven is much kinder to me. I know this comes as a shock, but I don’t think this is going to work out. It’s not you, it’s me. I hope you understand. 
I much prefer the annoying buzzer at 7 or 8 to the whining mom cries that have frequented my 6am upheaval from my very comfortable king sized bed. “moooommmm, I want to go downstairs.... is daddy home?” They know he has to work, but every morning it’s the same shenanigans. Once I say no, daddy is at work a lovely pitch of screaming rings throughout my bedroom. It’s a great way to start the day I think. I’m sure the afternoon, right around 3pm when it all comes crashing down and nap time has come and gone with no success, will be a lovely reminder of what I have to look forward to tomorrow. 
Oh, I’m sorry, we haven’t even talked about breakfast. Every morning, I kid you not, every single morning, we come downstairs and my daughter asks for a treat. Not just can I have a treat, but she dances around what she already knows is a NO from me.
 It goes a little something like this, “ Mom, I wanna ask you sumptin. (She’s 3 so some words are only so so) I know your gonna be mad, but ugh, I just, (sigh) I really wish, (sigh) I could have a treat. I know your gonna be mad, (whining) but I reeeeeaaaally want one. Please mom can I please just have one.”  So, like every other morning I say, “No, you know we don’t have treats early in the morning, so please don’t ask me.” Followed by “Ugh MOM but PLEASE, I really want one. Just one, please MOM!”  Then the “I said NO, and if your going to act this way your going to have a time out!” Followed by the oh so sweet.... “FINE! You don’t love me!”  To which I say nothing, but I’m thinking that could be a possibility if you keep it up. I’m kidding, you do love your children no matter what, but man, some days are iffy.
Already, I have been interrupted at least 3 times for more milk, water and a random ole’ pick me up.  Yes, I do treasure these moments that I get to spend with my children, but you know what I mean, don’t you? Bitching and my attempt at sarcastic humor and a lucid adult sentence just help me through the day. Wow, it’s not even 7:30am. The phrase from my children for today seems to be... “Iew, stinky poots”. Followed by hysterical laughter. My son refuses to say poop, so poot is what we have to work with. It’s so damn cute I don’t even care.  Lets see what kind of crazy we come up with today!

No comments:

Post a Comment