Thursday, December 8, 2011

Buy a Baby?!

Just a little story I thought I’d share before I
A.- Forget it and
B.- so I can post SOMETHING on my lost and lonely blog!

I’m so tired by the end of the soccer, dance, preschool, adventure play, Christmas show rehearsal, house cleaning, food cooking, coupon clipping, grocery shopping, all around crazy filled day, all I want to do is nothing! To even think of a clever thought has certainly been out of my grasp lately. If anyone reads this, thank you. I still think of you often, I just lack anything worthy of sharing. Storytelling seems to be reserved for my 3 and 4 year old while I zone out on what  I’m actually reading to them and think of what has to be done when they are finally asleep! Love how that brain seems to just work on autopilot sometimes! So without any further ado, my story...


 The other day, my 4 year old daughter comes over to me and asks, “mom, when am I gonna be big? I really want to be a grown up, so when, mom?”

So I’m wondering why on earth any child would want to be a grown up. Well, I guess, since they don’t know any better. I remember wanting the same thing when I was her age. Ugh...If only I knew.

So I ask her, “Why do you want to be a grown up?”

To which she replies, “So I can buy my own baby. Not a pretend one mom, a real baby that I can take care of. So can we buy one pleeeeeease?”

Hahahahahaha, I wish it was that easy. 2 kids, 15 months apart, one girl 4 and one boy 3....I’m good....we wont be “buying” anymore babies!

So I proceed to tell her that mommy has to grow a baby in her belly and it takes a long, long time. Then I said that if I had another baby, I wouldn’t have a lot of time for her or her brother.

 “So when you ask for things like a drink or a treat mommy might be to busy to help you, because babies are a lot of work.” Obviously I am trying to squash the “baby” thing asap. She’s got all the answers though.

“Well mom, I can make my own peanut butter and jelly AND I can reach the salami so its no big deal, I can do things myself.”

Ha, well that's that then...we’ve got pb and j and salami so all is good....lets bring on the baby.... Don’t think so.

Then I say, “ well at night when you are trying to sleep, the baby might wake you up, they are very loud.”

“Thats ok mom, if the baby wakes me up I’ll just tell you and daddy and go back to sleep.”

Yeah, that's great..and exactly why Mommy's not “buying” anymore babies.
Super cute though how kids rationalize things.

I changed the subject and that was that. Love the attention span of a 4 year old. Yes it does come in handy sometimes. I have a cute story about my son too, but I’ll save that for another day.

I hope you are all well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment