Monday, July 11, 2011

Duvet this!

Oh sweet duvet. Your so soft and cozy, why must you torture me! Pulling you onto my better than down comforter is just plain silly! Isn’t there a better way!

I first started with all buttons open and hanging half way off my bed. It doesn’t open like other duvets I’ve had and that sucks! I have to get on the bed and feed the comforter into the duvet. Today that took a good 10 minutes after which I realized it was in the wrong way. During my series of shakes and fluffing, I could see that the comforter on the inside didn’t go all the way to the end of the cover on the outside. Awesome. Lets start again.

The kids keep asking when they can put the pillows on as I rip the fake down out of my cozy cover.

“When I finish putting this cover on!”

“Mom....that will take forever!”

“Yes honey, yes it will.”

So I start again...no, it didn’t get any easier the second time around. I wonder if anyone could see me through my window. Ass up on all fours thrusting the comforter into my cover once again. It would be quite a sight trying to figure out what I was doing fully clothed on my bed in a very provocative position. Oh honey, if you could see me now! We live on a cul de sac and I don’t think our neighbors could see even if they tried, but these are the things I think about.

Finally, I got that bitch on and every time I do it, I wonder what I was thinking. Wouldn’t a regular comforter be just as cozy? The answer is no, absolutely not. That is why I torture  myself and continue with my duvet dance. Its worth it.

If anyone knows some secret trick to putting a duvet cover on pass it along would you. I would love to stop the madness and still enjoy my fluffy, comfy comforter!

No comments:

Post a Comment