Friday, July 8, 2011

Is that a ken doll?

As you know I was away for about a week. My family and I traveled to Maine and it is filled with a lot of interesting people. Mostly nice and a few well, lets just stick with interesting.

 It seems that their are a lot of men that like to keep them selves looking tip top and young these days. However, one man took it to an extreme. My family and I were walking back to our hotel and I noticed a man riding on a bicycle. He was delivering pizza’s. Usually, I see young teenagers preforming this duty, but this man appeared to be much older.

His handle on the faded yellow cruiser fully equipped with a silver basket and pizza holder was not quite up to par. I noticed him because he just about run into a car before he skidded to a stop and almost flipped over the handlebars. He saved it, but it was a little to close for comfort. I could imagine his heart racing a mile a minute as passer byers just walked by and stared.

I felt bad for this pizza man but could only stare like the rest of them. I would have helped if he needed it. Then, I wondered what he was made of, because skin does not typically look like this. He actually looked like a man sized ken doll. It was crazy. I was trying to get my husbands attention so he could explain to me what I was seeing, but with kids screaming, there was no way to be discrete. He missed it.

Seriously, the man had no hair except on his head. Come to think of it, I don’t even remember if he had hair under that pizza hat. I was to drawn to the plastic look of his....everything! I have never seen such a human before and I was a little weirded out. Was I imagining things. Couldn’t everyone see this plastic man? He must be a robot or a pod person or something. I decided pizza wasn’t going to be on our menu that evening.

A day later on our way to lunch, I saw the infamous ken doll on his cruiser. I shouted for my husband to look. He assured me that it was no pod person, just a man that has been in the sun for way too long. He said that when he leaves the sun that tight plastic skin would wither in to loose flabby wrinkles. Gross. Keep that skin protected people, that was some sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment