Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fireworks

I seriously got my ass kicked yesterday! After a day of despair for no particular reason, immersed in sadness, I was faced with even more hurt that night. Whew, glad that day is over. I learned a lot though. I had some pretty shitty feelings to deal with but I owned them! I leaned into them and my head was clear to deal with my evening slap in the face.

I had some very serious feelings and I lead with my heart. I didn’t get to lost in emotion and I knew exactly how I felt. And for once, I wasn’t afraid. My feelings, no matter what they are, are valid and ok.

I didn’t know that before. I usually just lead with my tears and say whatever I think will make the situation better. I still had tears but I let them come when I was ready. I felt so deeply yesterday, even though it was mostly hurt, today I feel much better. Knowing that I owned my emotion and didn’t feel bad about myself was a step in the right direction. I was very proud of myself yesterday, for the first time in a long time.

I always say, “it is what it is” and it really is that simple. I have a new song for the day. Its not my normal style. When it comes to music, I like it all! I hope you enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl!! You're must be fully emerged in this "SHIFT" going on right now!
    I thought of you this morning! Gracie came to me and out of nowhere started singing Shania Twains new song. If you haven't heard it, this is what my 3 year old sang to me today "TODAY IS YOUR DAY, AND NOTHING CAN STAND IN YOUR WAY. TODAY IS YOUR DAY, EVERYTHING'S GOIN YOUR WAY!"
    It was just what I needed this morning, but I think you may need it more. Please go to youtube and listen to this song. I think you'll feel better!!
    Thank God for music!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete