Tuesday, June 7, 2011

90 degrees of love

 Today was the first day of “no preschool” for my daughter. I think just for spite, I was super lazy today since I knew I had no obligations. Today world, I was not a taxi driver for my children nor did I do anything child friendly. Seriously, my kids just played and watched tv...I know, I know....but sometimes you just have to let them do it. Yes it’s a virtual babysitter but, a moms gotta do what a moms gotta do. I fed them and made them countless snacks, using a new bowl for every pretzel and goldfish filling. I’m sure I will find the used ones strewn about in the living room or partially eaten by my dogs. Yep...snacks and tv...that’ll shut em’ up.

Anyway, I was blogtastic, bloggeriffic, blogfully surprised, blogged out of my mind and cheerfully bloggy today. I was a blog whore and every time I walked by the computer, which is set up on the built in desk in our kitchen, I had to read more. MORE BLOGS I SAY, GIVE ME MORE BLOGS! I was like an addict that just needed a fix. I started my own blog about 2 weeks ago but have not been an avid blog reader. I figured if I want people to read my blogs I could at least check out a few random sites. So off to the top mommy sites I went and humor was my topic of choice. Previously, the blogs I saw were kind of boring and could not keep my attention. Apparently, I was looking in the wrong places. Today, I was presently surprised and I’m lucky I didn’t have to change my pants from the knee slapping, make me have to pee my pants, I can’t stop crying humor. It was close there for a minute, but I made it through, even after 2 kids...ha, well, I’m still young.

I have to say ladies, bravo! I feel instantly connected with my new found blogger mothers. Half of what I have been reading is what I’ve been writing. Some of you out there are just hilarious. I haven’t laughed that hard in awhile, and it was truly a pleasure filled blogging experience.

After a lazy morning of blog reading I decided to shower and get outside. My kids lasted about 10 minutes before they screamed to come in because they were sooooo hot! It’s only 90 kids, here, let me spray you with that hose honey! I actually told my daughter that if she didn’t stop whining I was going to spray her with the hose. She stopped. I think I’m getting this parenting thing down. Yeah, maybe not. I blame my kids for making me crazy and irrational. “Mommy drinks because you cry”, yes....yes I do. It will all work out though, you know, the blame game. Everything they do wrong or don’t like about themselves, every trip to the principals office and bad grade will be blamed on me. Daddy will get all the credit and hugs while I’m asked to leave the room by my own children. Yep, I can blame them a little bit just for a few years.

Today my daughter told me that she wanted me to have “this many” more kids as she held up all 10 fingers. No more 19 and counting for me! I put the show on for the first time today thinking it might make me feel better and now my little one is all.. “I wish I had a lot of kids to play with all the time... mommy can I have more brothers and sisters?” I was wondering what medicine cabinet she climbed into because she was clearly on drugs. So I asked her who was going to take care of them. I said I couldn’t do it by myself so she agreed to help. She decided that when they cry she would put them to sleep and she would teach them how to play with toys. She would also give them lots of hugs and kisses. Ah, sweet untainted little girl, if only it was that easy. Those are all the thoughts I had until she arrived. I can’t wait until she has kids. I’ll be in the background going na na na na boo boo! Told you so! Not so easy is it! Then I’ll be nice and I’ll be a kick ass grandmother. I’ll have made so many mistakes with my own children that by the time I have grandkids I’ll be a seasoned professional that can give them back when they start whining or crying. Until then there are plenty of mistakes to be made. It’s only been four years, I’m sure I could screw my kids up way more by the time they’re 10. Looking forward to the years ahead.

I will be out tomorrow and have vowed not to go on the computer....well if I’m not here how can I. Maybe just once before I leave. Hey, I could have some important comments to look over, or another follower ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm dreading the first day of no nursery school!! Gosh, what am I going to do.. Good point though, I won't miss driving there and back twice a week at a way too early time in the morning!!

    And,,, i dare you to try to stay away from your computer tomorrow,,, you won't be able to do it, i promise! Since blogging,, my kids have more and more sit and play in front of the TV days,, now I just open up the back door,,fill the water table and say "have fun"! There is just way too many fun things to do on here!!
    Loving how similar you are to me!! Keep writing, you're great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for reading. I really appreciate the comments and Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete