Thursday, June 30, 2011

The toot train!

On my day before vacation errands, we had to stop at CVS for a prescription. I go there because they have a drive through window. So I asked for the rx and was told it was there for 2 weeks and had to be put back. UGH! So now I finally get to the damn place and they don’t have what I’m looking for! It will be a half hour. Insert raspberry/Bronx cheer noise here.

I plan my outings in order of farthest from my house and on what sides of the road they are on. This one was farthest from my house and on the wrong side of the road. So I decide to continue on and go get dog food, which is on the right side of the road. Then proceed to pick up some way to expensive pottery my kids painted for fathers day, yes I know it was 2 weeks ago, also on the right side of the road. When I left, I  actually pulled right out with no traffic to stop me as I journeyed back the way I came.
I still have to get back to the house so I can meet the young man that’s going to watch our dogs. So I decided to fill up the almost full tank with gas since its on the right side of the road on my way back to CVS where they were holding my rx hostage. Did you get all that?

Back to the other side of town. I pull up to the window and there is a new woman there to greet me. As soon as she opens the window my daughter shouts that she just tooted and wanted to know if we could smell it. The woman just stared at me and I smiled.

“Ok honey, you have to be quiet while mommy’s getting the medicine.”

Which meant nothing to her. So next was “yummmm, my toot smells so good, I want to eat it!”

Seriously, did my daughter just shout that out. Thankfully we were not in the store and only the strange lady behind the glass slider was fortunate enough to witness the random outbursts my little one was serving up. The odd way she looked at me didn’t bother me a bit. Although, it was kind of funny and I’m surprised she didn’t even crack a smile. Insert Bronx cheer yet again.

I’m not easily embarrassed anymore thanks to my offspring. Usually people look at us and smile and say how cute they are....even if they are trying to eat their toots. Actually, this was my first ride on the toot train and I look forward to more outbursts on crowded streets and in stores while we are on vacation. That’s one I hope to get on video. Ready or not AFV...I’m coming for my $10,000! If only I had a built in video camera on my head, we would have won a ton of money!


Until then, only you, sweet blog readers, will be blessed with the antics of my children. Your welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment