Monday, June 6, 2011

Daddy's Home

Yeah, daddy’s home! It’s like an event when he gets here. We can all hear the garage door open and mass chaos breaks out. The dogs go nuts (we have two) our puppy pees all over the floor and the kids jump up and down in circles screaming “daddy’s home, daddy’s home!” Just some more screaming to top off a fun filled day of time outs and “I told you, don’t jump on your sisters head, it’s not nice.” I should really compile a list of things that I never thought would come out of my mouth. Or how my whole adult vocabulary has changed since motherhood. I’ll save that for another blog when I am a bit more ambitious. I just realized that I have to go to a meeting at 8:15 tonight. I am a board member for a children’s museum that we are trying to start in our town. We meet one night a month and I only have to walk across the street to my neighbors house, but I still moan and groan until I get there. I’m not sure why. I guess after a long day, I just want to curl up and do a whole lotta’ nothing! I should probably get dressed. I always feel like the slacker that shows up in “cozy” pants or jeans and a t-shirt while all the other mothers, members, look all nice and put together. They are so professional and I’m just cracking jokes.... that nobody laughs at. Yeah, I guess there’s a time and a place for everything. Maybe when I turn 30 and freak out I’ll be a little bit more serious, but until then, I’ll just be awkward. Hey, I don’t mind and I hope you don’t.

I don’t know about you but I’m just glad it’s bedtime. I don’t think I could deal with anymore screaming and whining. Seriously, ALL DAY! If my son touches my daughter she freaks out and all I hear is “oooowwwwhhhh, stop, MOM get him AWAY from me!” He laughs, she screams. Non-stop.... ALL DAY! Although, it started off good. I think my circadian rythm is finally set to 5:30am. Great, just what I wanted. Thats what I get for bashing 6am. I believe 7am and I will meet again. For now, I just dream of the days when I could sleep in. When I didn’t get up until 10am on the weekends. Wow, that would be crazy. I have to say though, in defense of my 6am friend, I get so much done before 9am. This morning, I made breakfast, dressed kids,emptied the dishwasher, cleaned the kitchen, did 2 loads of laundry, worked out, showered, did my hair and make-up, all before my son had to leave for preschool. Up Top! Whew, so if I can just muster the strength to pull my ass out of bed that early, ha, like I have a choice, it does have it’s advantages.
I’m going to go and shove a salad down my throat before I have to leave. I’m looking forward to the wine that they serve at our meetings. No I’m not the ONLY one that drinks it. My neighbor has some too! Keeps us on our toes! Good Night and Good Parenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment