Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekend Review

Saturday was my daughters birthday party. It all went off without a hitch. Typical kids party then had family back to the house. I felt horrible, but I made it through. Saturday night, my husband went out after the kids fell asleep. A much needed break after birthday party chaos. So what did I do? First I raided the kitchen for some left over sweets. Once I was in a pretty solid cupcake coma, I looked for any chic flick that I could find while I had a few hours to myself. Nothing. I couldn’t find ANYTHING to watch! I usually dvr movies to watch when my husband goes out but I wasn’t in the mood for anything I had. I finally searched on demand. Just the free premium channels, HBO Showtime, you know. AH, Burlesque. Christina Aguleria and Cher star in this racy movie. What the hell. I pushed play and off I went on my chic flick journey.

Well, all I have to say about “Burlesque” is BLAH! If I could insert a sound effect of the “Bronx Cheer” I would. What a piece of crap! Hey Christina, you can blow (sing) but lets stick to what your good act. Acting isn’t it! I’m not a big fan of Cher either. Her singing voice is very strange and I just don’t like it. Besides all that, the movie was just like every other crappy romantic, girls got nothing and turns herself into something movie! Um, “Coyote Ugly” is ringing a bell. Girl moves from a small town,  gets robbed, has no where to go. Forces herself into this job, falls in love with the hot bartender and is a huge “burlesque” success. Blah, blah, blah! I clearly do NOT recommend it. It was about 2 hours long and I want my time back! What a waste!

Sunday wasn’t any better. I have been sick for a few days so my husband let me lay down and took care of everything! I found a “Mob Wives” marathon. I’ve seen this show once and it’s not that great, but it is pretty hilarious! The women are from Staten Island and all of their men are either in jail or about to go to jail. The girls just fight and bitch constantly and what comes out of their mouths is just funny!

“She just made me come out of my face!” is pretty common and one of my favorites. They are so serious when they say this random crap too. One of the girls called the other one a twat neck. Really, that's clever. So I watched it ALL day. They sucked me in with their non-sensical rambling and catty fighting. Good times.

Today is my daughters actual birthday, she is four! Where does the time go? So, I’m going to bring her somewhere to celebrate. She is not very happy about it just being her little brother and I. I still feel like crap and I don’t want to infect any other little ones. I’m not really sure what to do but I will not be on the computer. My girl needs some attention today....all day! She deserves it. I’m sure we will encounter some random silliness on our outing. I’ll let you know how in goes. In the meantime, please enjoy your day! It looks beautiful where I am, so get out there and have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment