Monday, June 27, 2011

Big Mom Baby

I’m not sure what it is. I’m in a mood today and was yesterday too. Maybe mother nature is knocking at my door. So, as I said earlier, my daughters 4th birthday was today. We went out all day doing fun kid friendly things. Children's museum, Chucky Cheese, a visit to Mi ma, pick any toy at Target, Pizza and Ice cream cake.

So, I know I’m being a big “mom baby” but my daughter asked me to leave when we were at my mother-in-laws house so they could have fun. She was dead ass.
“Mom, could you please leave so we can have fun.” Not just once, but several times. She finally let it go, but was not pleased that I would be hanging around.

I was a little hurt. Am I not fun? Do I not know how to get down and dirty like a four year old? Of course, I’m the one who has to discipline, but to hear that I’m no fun kind of bothered me. Then, we are reading books in bed and my kids want nothing to do with me. Daddy’s home. They wouldn’t let me read books and cried when I told daddy he could go downstairs. I don’t even know what to say except I personally feel like a five year old and wanted to stomp and cry as I walked out of the bedroom.

It super sucks that you do anything and everything, then you hear, your no fun and I want daddy. Ugh! He is a kick ass dad, but aren’t I a kick ass mom? I don’t really feel like one at the moment. So I appreciate you reading my bitch fest. I wonder if all mothers feel like this or if I’m just being a big baby. I would like to have a tantrum every once in a while. Kicking and screaming....”everybody hates me!” Oh, well. So blogging it is.

If you feel like kicking and screaming...please do so in my comment box...I would LOVE to hear it! I hope I’m not alone in this. If I am, god help me to grow up and be a better mother.

1 comment:

  1. This is funny! I'm not about to have a tantrum in your comment box though. I gave it up a long time ago! The Mom is always the one who gets blamed for EVERYTHING! It's part of being a Mom and it's really funny especially when you read about it! Tantrum on my friend. You'll get used to it!

    ReplyDelete