Thursday, June 2, 2011

Never a dull moment

My sweet husband has taken the kids upstairs to read to them, thus allowing me to blog about my day. FINALLY! I’ve seriously been waiting all day, taking notes in my head, about how I would express all of the mishaps and odd occurrences that have happened.

Where we left off was me trying to fit in a snippet of a blog before I began my day. Following that was dropping off my little man at preschool. He is in a 2 year old program and I love it! Oh, he likes it too. On my way, I encountered a ridiculous amount of traffic, for the first time ever! So that made us a few minutes late. So now I’m rushing to get him into school and wash his hands...he has to before he enters the classroom.... a rule I agree with but I’m late, can’t we just use the sanitizing spray?! Anyway, of course we have to wait for the little boy in front of us who is playing in the water while his mother stands aside asking how he’s doing. “Well, looks like he’s having a ball lady, now scoop his ass up and lets go!” But no, “okay honey, lets start to finish up.” Really....seriously....I keep telling my son he has to wait his turn as he begins to whine and cry. Then she gets the “water boy” a paper towel while completely blocking our way to the sink. She then watches him dry his hands and proceeds to stand in my way to get him ANOTHER paper towel. "Make sure they are all dry honey." Still doesn’t move out of my way so I decide to push my son in between these two procrastinators as I follow close behind. Yes I did roll my eyes. Thats just rude. She needed to know, although I don’t think she’ll get it. All was well. He washed and I said goodbye to my son to which he failed to respond. Okay then, off to dance.


We got there just in time and it went off without a hitch. I got caught up in the usual mom rantings about who cares and does it really matter? I’m not much for “mommy” talk. Give me time, who knows I could be in the PTA. Any-who....then it was off to the post office to mail my package to a stranger that bought something from my amazon listings. Your welcome my loyal amazon shoppers. The things I do for you. Haha. I LOVE amazon by the way. So, of course, I get to the post office and RUN in to try to avoid the usual very long and annoying line. Nope, but at least there were only 3 people in front of me. Now, this time it wasn’t the wait that was annoying, but the ma-goo like man standing in my personal space as he slurped the coffee from his plain, gray travel mug. He had a half balled head with dark hair surrounding the lower half and a bright shiny top. A dark blue with red and grey stripped short sleeve button up shirt, tucked into a plain black pair of trousers and payless type black sneakers. Two or three tiny slurps at a time. Like his drink was to hot but he just couldn’t wait to suck it down any longer. Slurp, slurp (pause)... slurp...aahhh. Just constant for like 10 minutes. My animal instinct to slap the coffee from the slurpers hand was tamed by the adorable silly faces my daughter was making at me. “Hey mom, make a face that I can do.” So naturally I did one that was to hard just to see her try. “No mom, thats to hard. Try this one.” Her antics certainly did the trick and there was one less “man down” today.

What else, nothing to substantial. A trip to Dunkin donuts for our usual coffee and strawberry frosted donuts with sprinkles. I did some staring at people and judged them in my head. Nothing bad, mostly just wondering if they owned a mirror or “where did she get those shoes?” I give compliments in my head too...its not all bad! Some more whining after we got home. I found my little boy covered in blue paint splashing about in the bathroom sink. At least he was trying to get it off. I worked out and well, thats about it for the fun part of my day.

Ha...just after I wrote that last sentence, my husband shouted that our son was throwing up. Of course, never a dull moment. Then, just for some extra fun, as I took a few minutes to get ready for the night ahead, my daughter wet her bed. So I cleaned her up, changed her sheets and put her back to bed with just enough time to make it downstairs while my son threw up again. So, I slept for about 2 hours all together and I think today will be interesting. It’s 7am and his last episode was at 5:30. He is now sucking down a pedialyte pop, so we will see how that goes. Wish me luck.  I hope you all have a wonderful day and I hope you and your children are well.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds crazy at 4:14 am! At least you can find the humor in it. I like to judge too. Is that wrong?

    ReplyDelete