Thursday, June 16, 2011

Text Talk: The Challenge

I  simply do NOT understand text talk. I am a frequent texter, but I don’t usually shorten my words/phrases. I guess I write an e-mail in my text. I use punctuation and spell most things out. I occasionally use the letter u for you, but that is the extent of my texting abbreviations. I do think that some of these texting acronyms are quite clever but have confused them several times leading to somewhat inappropriate texts or just plain confusion.

So in honor of our new found texting world, which I don’t particularly agree with, I have decided to think of a new acronym each week. I will come of with some letters and their meaning. Then I will ask all of you to come up with your own version of the set challenge and post it in the comment box.

At the end of the week, I will announce what I had originally intended the phrase to be. It could be any set of letters and they may also already exist. Chances are they will. Some weeks their may be 3 letters LOL - laugh out loud, and some weeks their may be more. I’m not listing any because I can’t think of one that already exists....oh wait, from my old school rapper music days.... CREAM: Cash Rules Everything Around Me.... yep, I know that one... wow, I’m so not a fan of rap anymore. Its funny what you remember. I will post my challenge later today. I would normally like it to begin on Monday and end on Sunday. I realize that today is Thursday, but I just can’t wait. Lets start it today and end on Sunday, 8pm. After that, I will post my version and also my favorite “your” version.

You are all so clever I can’t wait to see what you come up with! Feel free to post more than one! There are no rules, that I can think of yet. If we ever need them, I’ll let you know!

Good Luck!

2 comments: