Friday, June 24, 2011

Crazy coupon lady

Now, as much as I wanted some grumpy old man to snub me and make rude comments so I could come back here and make it funny, I just wasn’t that lucky today. We went to shop rite in a town filled with old people, no offense to the senior citizens out there, its just a fact. The town has a huge over 55 community and is filled with antique stores. I actually drove past the shop rite because it just blended in with the other plaza stores and in no way looked like a grocery store plaza. That’s just how they roll in that town. No drive trough's and everything has to look all nice and uniform. I appreciate it but still, I had to turn around for the 3 times before I finally found my way.

Anyway, my children are extremely friendly and my daughter thinks I know everyone. Who was that mama? What’s her name? Then she gets frustrated when I tell her I don’t know. My son, who I now let walk with me instead of keeping him strapped down to the cart, says “hi” to everyone....everyone. Which is kind of nice. Who could be mean to the cutest 2 year old ever! No one. Not the snotty old woman by the onions or the cranky man thumbing through his newspaper. I randomly talk to people too, but they are not always so nice to me. With 2 adorable little ones in tow, I could do no wrong. This was also my first shopping trip with ALOT of coupons. Meaning, more than 10.

I realize with all the “extreme couponing” going on that’s nothing, but I was very happy with the results. So, now that we know everyone in the store, customers and employees, it’s checkout time. I start to shake, for no good reason at all. I’m not going to have some astronomical bill and only have 100 to spend. I guess I just thought it was nice that I bought baileys creamer, which I love, for .34 and a box of corn pops....not for the kids just me....for .44, I don’t let my kids eat that crap! It was little things like that and it made me kind of nervous. My bill came to $149.00 and I paid $115. Not crazy coupon savings, but awesome for me! Usually, I pay the $149, but not today. Sorry shop rite, it’s on now. I’m already equipped with my coupons for next week. It’s not even Sunday! Those coupons will be a bonus!

So here is a killer website if you want to save some money and don’t feel like spending hours on the computer or digging through trash for extra ones.

When we left the store, my children said “bye” to EVERYONE! It was super cute. Then when I started loading up my car a random woman that we saw about 4 times in the store came up to me and told me what wonderful sweet children I have and how she hopes her baby girl will be at least half as sweet as my kids. Ha, if she could hear them now. Screaming and fighting over nothing. What a day. Hope yours was as good as mine! Have an amazing weekend! TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment